Monday, October 21, 2019
Twenty Winters Ago in Kentucky: Zachary Kelsey Lynn Gibbs
I write this simply due to the very slim chance you, Kelsey Lynn Gibbs, comes across it somehow. Since we left high school, I've wondered what you have been up to, though never asked on your former Facebook page for worry of being branded a stalker or other nonsense. As for myself, I've pretty much been in repeating cycles of emotional decay and depression followed by a period of methamphetamine-induced happiness, and so on. Obviously never have forgotten about you.. thinking how much time has passed is always a downer, but most depressing of all my cousin Stephen Tackett, probably my best friend, died of a heroin overdose 2 days after getting bailed out of jail, 31 years old. Fuck man, you left too soon! Anyway, presuming you ever come across this, and I hope so much that you do, can you believe it's been almost 20 years since we were in first grade and I hit you with "I like you!", 11 years since I gave you those love notes in 8th Grade, April 2008. Unsurprisingly, I still do, and have accepted that my feelings for you will last for the remainder of my life, however long that will be. It is very sweet to think how human courtship works like that, as in I've never felt any strong feelings for anyone except you, even as we all grow older. I saw your mugshot, while searching if you had an Instagram. Be veriou careful with using h, baby, I use it myself from time to time, and I'm sure you've heard of the fentanyl cut issue. It would seriously kill me to hear of something happening to you, regardless of what you think of me. We could become close friends anytime honestly, especially now that I know we have a few things in common, beyond just being high. You likely know this but had to throw it in, the "cousins by marriage" thing well, isnt really even a thing. We never had any blood relation whatsoever, it was and is perfectly fine. We never were truly related, thus nothing to be embarrassed about. We should honestly meet up sometime, I have access to legal tobacco brand name"IceySpeed" that can be smoked legally cause it's legal tobacco, and we both know nothing is more fun than if its legal. It can be swallowed, snorted, smoked, or injected, or any combination of the four. That will send you to the fuckin moon, nigga. I'm putting this unattractive block of drug induced rambling out there in the small chance you may see it one day. Everything is stated honestly though. -Zachary F. to Kelsey L. Gibbs, circa October 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Always remember that whatever happens to you has been waiting to happen since the beginning of time"- Marcus Aurelius
ReplyDeleteAs a last side note, I still have a copy of one of the notes I gave to you in 2008. I copied it down because I thought it would feel special to look back on someday. I just recently found it amongst a bunch of old closet junk from my teen years. Now it looks so old and unkempt that it is starting to fall to pieces..-Zach F. ("11killister11") Monday, 21 October 2019